Sunday, April 7, 2013

Being Minnesotan

What does it mean to be a Minnesotan? What does it mean to be a Cuencano? Well, the second question is one you are better able to answer.

A friend sent me a link to the "38 Things Minnesotans are Too Nice to Brag About." The title refers to the fact that typically people in my state are very humble. We don't like to talk about ourselves, especially the things that give us pride. People in Minnesota are also known as being nice or kind. I think both of these things are good!

Click on the link to the 38 Things... to learn a little bit about my state and the people who come from there. Of course there is a little humor there, we don't all have bad hockey haircuts, eat tater tot hot dish and wear ugly pants. But some of us do. You can learn about a few of the things that were invented in the state where I come from.

I love the music of both of the musicians featured on this page, by the way. Listen to the the songs!

Back to my question about what are great things about being Cuencano, or Ecuadorian - what can you say about that? Add a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment